So you want to know about Robin?

My photo
Hi All! A little about myself, I'm a 27 year old living in Jersey with my hubby and our 75 lb fur-child, Gunner. I recently landed my dream job as a Speech Language Pathologist in a huge acute-care hospital in our area and I couldn't be happier! In addition to my "day-job", I moonlight as a crazed crafter, lol. I have been a lover of anything "crafty" for as long as I can remember but didn't have time to actually ENJOY the crafts I was making until I finished up with my masters degree. Now, I'm done and have some more time available to create things that I love. Hope you enjoy!

Friday, April 1, 2011

The Cook-Off!

Last Friday I had the privilege of participating in my old job's annual "Cook-Off" as a guest :)  They didn't want me to think they were scared of my cooking skills now that I no longer work with them, so they extended the invite!  Every year, they change the category of the cooking; the first year was chili, then it was cakes and cookies, and this year it was appetizers, dips, and brownies (right up my alley!).  and we play by the rules!  What are the rules you ask?  Well there is a $5 entry fee per category entered, all foods must be made from scratch and HAVE to be made by the person entered.  There must be no special displays and it is anonymous voting.  LOL, pretty intense right?!  It's all part of the fun.  Anyway, I entered two categories, appetizers and brownies :)

I made mini crab quiche for my app and fireman brownies (choc chip cookie dough and brownies merged together to make perfect harmony)

Here are some of the other contenders










The coveted crowns!


Some of the action!










Enjoy!

Oh, and I didn't win :(

No comments:

Post a Comment