So you want to know about Robin?

My photo
Hi All! A little about myself, I'm a 27 year old living in Jersey with my hubby and our 75 lb fur-child, Gunner. I recently landed my dream job as a Speech Language Pathologist in a huge acute-care hospital in our area and I couldn't be happier! In addition to my "day-job", I moonlight as a crazed crafter, lol. I have been a lover of anything "crafty" for as long as I can remember but didn't have time to actually ENJOY the crafts I was making until I finished up with my masters degree. Now, I'm done and have some more time available to create things that I love. Hope you enjoy!

Monday, November 1, 2010

My Birthday! {Cupcakes}

So this year my birthday fell on a Friday; the first one since I turned 21 :) (For those of you doing the math, that makes me a big ole' 27 years old!) I absolutely wanted to celebrate with friends and family and this weekend was just about perfect.  Friday I went out with my hubby, mom and sister and then I had a fabulous little birthday outing to Lucky Strike Philadelphia on Saturday.  

And what's a birthday without some cupcakes?!?!  I adapted a recipe I got from a former co-worker (she actually won 1st prize in our annual cookies/cakes competition!!)and here it is folks!

Pineapple - Coconut cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting 

Cupcake
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup coconut
1 can of crushed pineapple (juice and everything)

Mix it all together, pour into a cake pan (or cupcakes like I did)
Bake at 350 for 20 mins (for cupcakes)  longer for the cake.

Frosting
1 stick of butter
8 oz cream cheese
1 1/2 cup con. sugar
2 tsp vanilla

Whip all of that deliciousness together and GENEROUSLY glop onto the cupcakes :)


*note* these pretty black sugar sprinkles definitely dyed my teeth blue... apparently you must proceed with caution when eating black sprinkles (don't worry though my thorough teeth brushing skills eliminated the blue before I had to leave and go out in public) lol

These did not dye my teeth any color... I will stick with orange from now on

and of course, I couldn't leave out a picture of the fridge.... it totally brought me back to college days (minus the Milwaukee's Beast and Nat Ice because we all have paying jobs now :) )



Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment