So you want to know about Robin?

My photo
Hi All! A little about myself, I'm a 27 year old living in Jersey with my hubby and our 75 lb fur-child, Gunner. I recently landed my dream job as a Speech Language Pathologist in a huge acute-care hospital in our area and I couldn't be happier! In addition to my "day-job", I moonlight as a crazed crafter, lol. I have been a lover of anything "crafty" for as long as I can remember but didn't have time to actually ENJOY the crafts I was making until I finished up with my masters degree. Now, I'm done and have some more time available to create things that I love. Hope you enjoy!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Recipes | Mini Crab Quiche


I found a recipe for a one bite vegetable quiche on one of the blogs I follow (www.theperfectpantry.com).  From there I tweaked it until it contained all of the ingredients I was interested in.  Here it is if you are interested

2 package mini phyllo shells
2 large egg
2 tsp olive oil
2 Tbsp minced onion or shallot
1/2 cup minced red bell pepper
1/4 cup minced zucchini
3/4 cup crab meat
1 tsp minced fresh thyme
1/4 tsp minced fresh parsley or chives

Remove the shells from the package and place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Preheat oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, whisk the egg and set aside.
In a small nonstick frying pan, heat the oil. Add onion, bell pepper, and zucchini, and sauté for 2 minutes, until the vegetables are slightly cooked. Remove from heat, allow to cool for one minute, stir in the herbs, and add the mixture to the egg, stir in crab meat. Season with salt and pepper. Fill the shells with the egg mixture. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until egg is set. Serve hot or at room temperature.





Yum :)

No comments:

Post a Comment