So you want to know about Robin?

My photo
Hi All! A little about myself, I'm a 27 year old living in Jersey with my hubby and our 75 lb fur-child, Gunner. I recently landed my dream job as a Speech Language Pathologist in a huge acute-care hospital in our area and I couldn't be happier! In addition to my "day-job", I moonlight as a crazed crafter, lol. I have been a lover of anything "crafty" for as long as I can remember but didn't have time to actually ENJOY the crafts I was making until I finished up with my masters degree. Now, I'm done and have some more time available to create things that I love. Hope you enjoy!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pumpkins, Pinecones and Pizazz, Oh My!

So I actually completed this project about 2 years ago when my bestie, Melissa, was preggo, stuck at home and obsessed with watching Martha Stewart.  I was over one day hanging out when she said, you've got to see this project!  So I watched and instantly wanted one.

M.S (Martha) had picked some pumpkins, covered them with glue, and then covered them with REALLY fine glitter.  I just HAD to have them!

Literally, I went out as soon as I got home and bought fake pumpkins (helllooooo, they last forever versus one season!)  I then went on a hunt to find fine glitter... I can't remember exactly or find the box that I have the glitter it, but I am 99% positive that I used the same glitter that Martha did.  

I got to work glittering my pumpkins and they were done drying in a few hours.  So I put them on a tray and then added some scented pine cones/nuts/other random things that I got from Ross.

Aren't they just b-e-a-utiful?







2 comments:

  1. LOVE these! Have always wanted to make some. Where do you find "fine" glitter? Hope the new job is going well. Remember what we talked about before you left....if you're still interested, shoot me an email and we'll set something up! PS~ Love the new blog ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate! I bought the glitter online because it wasn't in stores yet, but I think that since then, Martha has come out with really fine glitter and it's sold in Michael's or AC Moore :)

    I am definitely still interested! I'm still getting adjusted with my new job, so I'll have more time probably closer to Thanksgiving-ish time. I'll shoot you an email or message once I have a better timeframe idea!

    ReplyDelete