So you want to know about Robin?

My photo
Hi All! A little about myself, I'm a 27 year old living in Jersey with my hubby and our 75 lb fur-child, Gunner. I recently landed my dream job as a Speech Language Pathologist in a huge acute-care hospital in our area and I couldn't be happier! In addition to my "day-job", I moonlight as a crazed crafter, lol. I have been a lover of anything "crafty" for as long as I can remember but didn't have time to actually ENJOY the crafts I was making until I finished up with my masters degree. Now, I'm done and have some more time available to create things that I love. Hope you enjoy!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Baby D!


So my cousin Matt and his wife Jenn are expecting their first baby (boy) next week and I finished his blanket JUST in time :)  I was so excited when I first heard they were pregnant and I immediately want to make a blanket.  Their nursery is jungle/sports themed, so I went to the fabric store, pulled some animal fabrics that I thought might work and took a picture to put with her gift.  


So I'm at the shower and Jenn starts opening gifts.... blanket...clothes....blanket!....toys....diapers....blanket!?....blanket!?!?!?!.... you get the picture, she got something crazy like 6 blankets!  and I thought, well there goes my idea!  BUT alas, my cousins are fabulous (and know I make one bad ass blanket) and STILL wanted a Robin original :)  So Jenn and I made a trip to Joann's and picked out the final choice for the fabric.   This is what we ended up with...



and then THIS is the final product...





and finally, the amazing parents-to-be :)  <3 you!


3 comments:

  1. Super cute! You did a fabulous job Robin! I love all the pattern you and Jenn picked out. Now I can wait to see baby D and the blanket :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! Baby D will love it too:) Thank you so much for such an awesome homemade Robin original!

    ReplyDelete
  3. robin you need to open an etsy shop. your quilts are so cute!

    ReplyDelete