So you want to know about Robin?

My photo
Hi All! A little about myself, I'm a 27 year old living in Jersey with my hubby and our 75 lb fur-child, Gunner. I recently landed my dream job as a Speech Language Pathologist in a huge acute-care hospital in our area and I couldn't be happier! In addition to my "day-job", I moonlight as a crazed crafter, lol. I have been a lover of anything "crafty" for as long as I can remember but didn't have time to actually ENJOY the crafts I was making until I finished up with my masters degree. Now, I'm done and have some more time available to create things that I love. Hope you enjoy!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy (Belated) New Year!!

This year for New Year's Eve, we went to our friends' house in West Chester for a par-tay :)  I was in charge of bringing a dessert and an appetizer of some sort.  Long story short, my appetizer (delicious mini crab quiches) got scratched because Wegman's is not a fun place to go on New Year's Eve and they were COMPLETELY sold out of mini philo dough cups.  Thumbs down!!  Thankfully, they weren't counting on mine and there was plenty of food to go around.

I did, however, use the dessert bringing opportunity as a practice round for the brownie-pops.  Kelly (different Kelly from the baby shower post) and Tim got married this past July and their color scheme was bright pink and teal and the teal has definitely crossed over into aspects of their home.  So I decided to incorporate that into the Pops.
The amazing cake, I <3 teal and pink


A picture of their reception area.
It was held in the Curtis Center in Philadelphia, PA

I bought this really cute teal with white polka dots bowl to put the pops in.  Since the bowl was pretty wide (I think about 8-9 inches in diameter) I used these flat disc like styrofoam things to smoosh the pops into.  Then I used a combo of bright pink and shimmery white ribbon to create a layered effect.  This let me cover the styrofoam in a really cute way.  (AND I thought of that idea ALL by myself, which is a rarity.  I usually steal... I mean borrow my ideas)   And that's pretty much it.  I almost dropped them (and had a heart attack) when I was walking to my car that night, but thank god, I caught them and all was right in the world again.  

Ta-Da!!

I <3 them


Kelly's food spread :)

Ed was the first {dirty} man to try the Brownie-Pops!!  

Me and the hostess, Kelly!  Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment