So you want to know about Robin?

My photo
Hi All! A little about myself, I'm a 27 year old living in Jersey with my hubby and our 75 lb fur-child, Gunner. I recently landed my dream job as a Speech Language Pathologist in a huge acute-care hospital in our area and I couldn't be happier! In addition to my "day-job", I moonlight as a crazed crafter, lol. I have been a lover of anything "crafty" for as long as I can remember but didn't have time to actually ENJOY the crafts I was making until I finished up with my masters degree. Now, I'm done and have some more time available to create things that I love. Hope you enjoy!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Main Event! {Baby Shower}



So today was the day!  And everything was great even with the oh-so-fabulous 5 inches of snow mother nature dumped on us.  


Big shout out to Kel's mom for lending us her Jeep or it would have been.... let's just say, interesting.... trying to get to the shower.  

Ok so onto the details.... We teamed up with Er's mom and decided on having the shower at Carrabba's Italian Grill.  It was perfect because they don't open to the public until 3, so we had a nice little 12 o'clock lunchtime kick-off :)   Erin and Jay decided against finding out the sex of their baby, but they did pick an adorable green/yellow/brown Monkey theme for their nursery and everything else that goes with a baby.  Once we knew the color scheme, Kelly and I were off.  We wanted to have fun yet make the decorations as functional as possible.  

Oh you want to know about the details??  Well here they are!  

A few months ago, I was wandering a craft fair with my mom and stumbled across these adorable little rosebuds make from socks!  As I am with pretty much everything else, I was dead-set on making them myself.  I bought two different sized socks and got to work.  
Secondly, we wanted to make a diaper cake.  Not only are they a really cute way to give someone diapers, but they also make an amazing centerpiece!  I apologize, because we made the diaper cake at Kelly's house and I totally forgot to bring my camera, so I don't personally have picture documentation of a "how-to", but I PROMISE I will steal Kelly's pictures and attempt a how-to post!  Here are a few pictures of the final diaper cake.  Erin's cousin made the edible cake that you see in the picture... It came all they way from CT and was soooooooo delicious!






Lastly, we made the favors for all the guests to take home.  This was a joint effort... Kelly initially came up with the "Poppy" nickname, I came up with the idea of doing some sort of lolli-POP, and Er's mom suggested doing a yummy brownie-pop!  And that's how the Brownie-POP was born!  (we used a Land O'Lakes recipe)

Here are a few pictures of how they turned out.  We chose to use them as centerpieces on the tables... we bought lime green and grass green chinese take-out boxes, pushed the flaps inside, stuck a piece of floral styrofoam in them, stabbed the brownie-pops in the foam and covered the foam with some decorative tan grassy/moss stuff.  (I'm a really good describer right?!)  Let me be the first to tell you that they were delicious... Kelly and I had a few brownie-pop casualties that we couldn't just WASTE, so we ate them.... and loved every second of it :)  

Here are the tags I made for the favors.  They were VERY simple, I used Microsoft Word,  pirated the pictures from www.babysupermall.com (they are Poppy's bedding), and printed them on cute tan polka dotted cardstock.  Donzo.  


I dare you to tell me you wouldn't gobble these up.... actually, make that a
DOUBLE DOG dare :)


Lastly, (and this isn't really a craft, it's just super cute), we bought pretty much any clothing with a monkey on it and put it all on a clothes line and hung it up as decoration.  


Ta-Da!!  Sometimes I wonder why I spent 6+ years getting a Masters degree when I could just party plan and decorate my life away.... lol.... wishful thinking!!

And just for fun, here are some random pictures from the shower and the after party :)
Getting ready to open presents!


Sweet Jesus, where is all of that going to go?!

Best Friends :)


Poppy's Nursery 

NONE of these were given to Erin for the baby.... they all belonged to her or Jay already :)


<3 Robin

2 comments:

  1. Tears of happiness in my eyes as I read through this...Thank you so much for being such a wonderful friend and making my shower beautiful! I enjoyed every detail ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this wonderful account of Erin's Shower!! You are a wonderfully talented friend and everything looked great! I enjoyed reading your comments and viewing the pictures. It was almost like being there! After seeing those lolli-POPS I wish I had!!! Had one right now, in fact ;o
    Judi

    ReplyDelete