So you want to know about Robin?

My photo
Hi All! A little about myself, I'm a 27 year old living in Jersey with my hubby and our 75 lb fur-child, Gunner. I recently landed my dream job as a Speech Language Pathologist in a huge acute-care hospital in our area and I couldn't be happier! In addition to my "day-job", I moonlight as a crazed crafter, lol. I have been a lover of anything "crafty" for as long as I can remember but didn't have time to actually ENJOY the crafts I was making until I finished up with my masters degree. Now, I'm done and have some more time available to create things that I love. Hope you enjoy!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Dresses!!

ok so I'm going to admit it, I'm a big copycat :)  I see something and then I try to make it.  Like this lovely little pillowcase dress...I saw it at the Pitman craft show and was dead set on making my own... I think I did pretty good!


It was actually WAY easier than I thought it was going to be.  You can make the dress out of actual pillowcases (hence the name), but I chose to use some really soft corduroy from Joann Fabrics.  and I even used casing for the armholes, which I previously never even knew existed, but let me tell you, it's a miracle worker.  (For those of you who are like I was, the casing is the brown trim-looking stuff that lines the armholes.... it allows you to put an end to the fabric without having to hem it, because hemming on a curve is NOT something I want to deal with)

And again with the copying (I know, I know, get some original ideas Robin)... my friend Melissa got this ADORABLE knot dress to take her daughter's 2nd birthday pictures in... and yet again, I HAVE to know how to make this!

The dress sort of looks like this one (picture courtesy of http://www.youcanmakethis.com/info/featured-products/Forget-Me-Knot-Dress-Sizes-12mth-5.htm)

Except I'm going to make it with all types of delicious fall patterns and fabrics (mixture of corduroy and cotton).  This is the palette I think I'm going to try :)

I dare you to tell me you don't love owls and apples?!?!



3 comments:

  1. I love it Robin...Good luck with the dress making. Wish I was having a girl:)

    Jenn D

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH!! Its so cute!!! Can we please get together so I can make Bella one???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't call it copycat... I call it "inspiration"... everything's been done... but you can do it your own authentic way by finding what inspires you ;)

    ReplyDelete