So you want to know about Robin?

My photo
Hi All! A little about myself, I'm a 27 year old living in Jersey with my hubby and our 75 lb fur-child, Gunner. I recently landed my dream job as a Speech Language Pathologist in a huge acute-care hospital in our area and I couldn't be happier! In addition to my "day-job", I moonlight as a crazed crafter, lol. I have been a lover of anything "crafty" for as long as I can remember but didn't have time to actually ENJOY the crafts I was making until I finished up with my masters degree. Now, I'm done and have some more time available to create things that I love. Hope you enjoy!

Sunday, November 21, 2010

More Baby Blankets!

So this baby blanket was the last thing that my fabulous sewing machine produced before it died.  :(  All was running smoothly, and then poof.  dunzo.  kuput.  hasta la vista.  My mom gave me the sewing machine for Christmas a few years ago when she thought I would only use if for hemming pants... little did she know, I was a crafty woman in the making :)  But I digress...

This baby blanket was for my good friend Berna's soon-to-be nephew!  She approached me awhile back and asked if I would make one and I happily agreed.  Little did I know, that I would be eaten alive (if a good way!) by my new job and it would take me WAY longer than I thought it would to make the wee-little one's gift.

But now that I've adjusted to the new job, the craftiness is back in full swing :)

When Berna first asked me, she showed me the nursery and I snuck this oh-so-fabulous camera phone picture for some inspiration regarding fabric patterns and colors.


Then off we went to Joann's Fabrics to pick out the final threads.  We came up with this...

Once that was finalized, I got to work.  All went smoothly with the exception of my sewing machine biting the dust when I was like 9/10ths of the way done.  Thankfully, my mom is an understanding woman and let me take over her dining room and use her sewing machine.

Ta-Da!!




Congrats!!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment